Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Laws

I was reading our school newspaper and I saw an article about some weird laws. I decided that I'd look up some for myself. Here are some of my favorites:
  • In Corpus Christie, Texas, it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
  • In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
  • In Illinois a car must be driven with the steering wheel... As opposed to what?
  • In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.
  • In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage.  
  • In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath at least once a year... I would hope so...
  • In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.
  • Virginia prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates. 
  • In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.  
  • In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatoes in clam chowder. 
  •  In Washington State, you can't carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length... And how would you do that?
  • In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned. 
  • In Missouri, a man must have a permit to shave.               

1 comment:

  1. In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
    lol!

    ReplyDelete