Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Writer's Block

I think that one of the most frustrating things is writer's block. Especially when you have an essay due the next day. You sit down you've sharpened your pencil countless times and... you got nothing. 

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day so I won't have to face my English teacher tomorrow with this horrible rough draft! 

I'm not the only one, here are some quotes form others :D

"The easiest thing to do on earth is not write."
(William Goldman)

"Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials (blogging...). It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write."
(Paul Rudnick)
 
"My block was due to two overlapping factors: laziness and lack of discipline."
(Mary Garden)

"If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word."
(Margaret Atwood)
 
"People have writer's block not because they can't write, but because they despair of writing eloquently."
(Anna Quindlen)  (Eloquent: Having or exercising the power of fluent, forceful, and appropriate speech.... Just in case you were wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment